2018… Get the Frigggg Outta Here!
So it’s been a year… it feels like 2018 lasted 5 years. I’m ready for it to go. 2018 wasn’t 100% terrible, but it wasn’t that awesome either. From company layoffs to illness to missing key family moments, I would rate this year about a 3.5 out of 10. I’m ready for a fresh start and ready to start the new year on a positive note!
This past year, I’ve neglected to put time and effort into seeing my family. Luis and I have both been so bogged down with work, that we’ve missed birthdays, vacations, holiday functions and just visiting and spending time with our family. That is something I’m not proud of. I love both of our families. I love our friends as well. We have built a pretty awesome home away from home family here in the Austin area, and even those were sacrificed. I feel pretty upset that I let what was going on around us get the best of me and not focus on what matters the most to me, friends and family.
As we close 2018 and head into 2019, below are some things I’m looking forward to.
- Making memories with Luis. I want to focus less on collecting things and more about making memories. I hope to take some time to explore the world around us and create memories of us spending time together.
- Growing closer to our families and friends. I want to dedicate more time with the people in our lives. More happy hours, get-togethers, getaways, adventures, movie nights… anything! I love surrounding myself with good people.
- Work on me. Always room for improvement! There’s always a better Jalys to be created.
- Attending our friends and families weddings! We have two already slated for 2019, and we are honored to be invited and to get to celebrate! Team Caro Que Si is ready!
- Photograph. I’ll admit it, it is tough to lug a camera around with you nowadays thanks to iPhones, but I want to photograph more. I want to document the daily and unexpected. I think the dogs will carry the brunt of this as they are my favorite subjects. 2019 will for sure have more photos of the Caro tribe.
- Embrace the unexpected. Let’s see what 2019 has in store for us! I don’t want to plan our year in too much detail.
- Branding the brand. I will be making some changes to this website/blog. I’m still available for photography sessions, but I want this blog to be more than just a photo blog. I want to share family recipes, products I like, photos, adventures, etc. I don’t want to put my blog in a niche. I’m anti niche! Hahaha. I’ll be updating and rebranding soon. I have ideas in my head, but I need to spend some time creating those ideas.
I hope everyone has a wonderful NYE and would love to hear some of your 2018 highlights moving into 2019. We did have some fun in 2018, below is a photo from our trip to Jamaica. Ya man!
See you in 2019!