I’m embarrassed. It has been 4 months since I have posted a blog. That is pretty pathetic. When I first started Photostar Photography, I would plan to post at least twice a week and keep my photography active. Years later it is sad to see that isn’t the case. Seeing my depleting blog and the lack of photos I’ve taken this year makes me sad. Instead of dwelling, I’ve decided to be proactive and make things happen. I set a few other goals for myself in 2015, and I thought I would share. I think the overall consensus of my goals is to make more time for myself on a personal level. I work. I work a lot. I bring my work home. I carry my work into my personal life. 2015 will be different.
1. Lead a healthy lifestyle. I attempt to be healthy. I’ve conducted hundreds of hours of research and know that what you put in your mouth is 80% of the battle. I know a Paleo type diet is best. Understanding and doing are two different things. I know all of the information, I have several books, follow Instagram accounts and research recipes…. but I always have an excuse as to why I can’t commit. I joined a CrossFit gym in August. It is expensive. Hoping a large amount of money I was spending on said CrossFit would be the motivating factor, I failed and haven’t committed to it 100%. I would turn off my alarm, I hit snooze, I made every single excuse… you know, I work and travel so much. Which, to an extent is true, but I could reserve 2-3 hours a week for myself and my health. At the end of the year, I still haven’t made any progress. 2015 will be different. I will be living a healthy lifestyle this year. I will go to CrossFit and have my me time. No more excuses.
2. Photograph. I love taking photos. Heck, I have a Photocommunications degree from Texas Tech. But this past year my camera has sat in her fabulous bag and hasn’t been touched since July. I’m going to challenge myself to photograph something at least twice a month. Whether you guys see more photos of my dogs, Texas Tech related photos, music, food, my handsome boyfriend, or a fun shoot with some friends, I am going to make time for photography. It is a significant part of my life, no more neglecting in.
3. Dedicate time to my blog site. New photos mean consistent blogging. I love opening up my world to everyone. I do that a lot with Instagram, and so I think I might be cooling it on the Instagram photos and use my blog site as the primary medium for sharing my life. I will not only blog about photos, but I’ll share a variety of things. Expect more blogs with random topics like music, makeup, tv shows, anything!
4. Travel and be adventurous. I travel about 75-80% of the time for my job. But, I want to travel more. When I travel for my job, I usually have multiple appointments, and I’m strained for time. I want to use my personal time to travel and do new things. There are tons of fun day trips that are easy to get to from Austin. I want to explore more of Texas and share my experience with everyone.
5. Become even more happy with my life. I am a blessed individual. I have a supportive family, an awesome boyfriend, three babies (Rocker, Ryder, and Colonel), a paycheck, a roof over my head and a car to take me to the places I want to go. Sometimes I take these things for granted. Moving forward, I’m going to cherish everything I have and focus on the positive. It is easy to complain and whine about the things that aren’t going right in your life. I often forget about the great things I have going for me. I’m the worst about complaining, sometimes I complain just to contribute to a conversation. It’s tiring, it’s exhausting, and it’s unnecessary. I’m not a victim of my life, and I need to stop acting like I am.
Looks like I’m going to be busy this year! These goals will help me live the life I want to live. The life I’m going to live. Keep me in line, folks! I can’t wait to come back to this blog right before 2016 and see the progress I made in 2015. I wish everyone a happy, healthy and festive new year!
Photographic proof I’m still alive. Christmas 2014.