I love this segment of my blog. It gives me a chance to let you guys know what I’m currently digging in hopes that you might already be obsessed too or that you take a gander and enjoy it as much as I do. Here are some things I’m obsessing about!
* Consuela Handbags. I finally have a complete set! I have my matching original tote, over night bag and iPad cover all in the same design. They are opening a flagship store in Austin on South Congress but on their website you can enter your zip code and find a certified dealer. I love the bright colors mixed with the funky prints. Check out the website and see what all different prints they have. Mother’s Day is coming up and would be a great gift for Mom’s!
* The Dirty Guv’nahs. I was on Spotify one night listening to some tunes and I looked at the suggested artists and The Dirty Guv’nah’s popped up. I listened to their most popular song and was instantly hooked. I downloaded all three albums and started Tweeting and Facebooking about them constantly. I love their sound, a lot of their music reminds me of the Rolling Stones. They are from Knoxville, TN and I can’t wait for them to come to Austin so I can hopefully photograph them! Some of my favorite songs include: Fairlane, 3,000 Miles, Walk With Me, Song For My Beloved, Baby We Were Young, It’s Dangerous… Ok, so pretty much every song on their records!
* Dogologie. It’s no secret I’m obsessed with my dogs, Rocker and Ryder. They are more like humans than they are dogs. They are spoiled, loved, spoiled, spoiled. spoiled and did I mention spoiled? They are so cute and dear to my heart. I love going to Fredericksburg and taking them into a store called Dogologie. We stock up on doggie treats there, they have the cutest and yummy designs. They also offer a lot of organic/gluten-free treats. What I love about them as well, is that they offer doggie day care that is super cheap. So if you’re shopping in Fredericksburg and you bring your dog with you, they will watch your furry friend while you continue to shop. Genius. Check out their website to see all the fun, cute stuff they have for your dog!
* Watches. Growing up I never really wore a watch because I’m left-handed and it felt weird on my right hand but I always would have to take the watch off to type or write if I wore it on my left. I felt like I wasn’t cool enough to rock a watch. But as of late, I’ve become OBSESSED with watches. Fashion isn’t always comfortable, right ladies?! I’ve been on this watch kick wanting a watch for every possible outfit. That’s right, I think I need to go to therapy for watch hoarding. 🙂
* Shakeology. This product has literally changed my life. I used to be so exhausted from work and extracurriculars that throughout the day I just didn’t have energy to keep me going and I would always feel lethargic. My friend, who is a beach body coach and participant, started talking to me about Shakeology and the benefits. At first I was skeptical because, hello, most “weight loss” shakes are horrible for you. They contain all these chemicals and lead you to believe you need their formula. My friend sent me some samples try to and told me to keep a openmind, it was crazy how much energy I had. I didn’t understand how one scoop of this powder gave me so much energy, cut my food cravings and actually helped me with some of my moods. In the end, he was right, so I ordered a bag and have been drinking it ever since. It’s not full of chemicals, but full of nutrients your body needs to get rid of the toxins in your system as well as help build your immune system. If anyone is interested in this, let me know. I can send you some samples for you to try, just like my friend did for me. If you like it then you can order through the same person I did and begin to start transforming your life!
* The Cadillac Three. They were formerly known as The Cadillac Black, but had to change their name due to legal issues (blah), but they are awesome whether they are The Cadillac Black or Cadillac Three. I love a good southern rock band and this is a southern rock band. I listen to them constantly and make everyone around me check out their record. I photographed them this past Monday at a benefit concert where they played an acoustic set, I’m really wanting to photograph a full show and I think I could get some good photos of them. A friend of mine works at their artist management company and so y’all best believe I’m going to ask for a photo pass the next time they are in town, so this obsession can come to fruition! Ha! If you’re a fan of Whiskey Myers, The Black Crowes, or southern rock in general, this is your new band to obsess over. “Back it Up” and “I’m Southern” are a part of my daily get ready for work songs. Below is a video of them performing “I’m Southern”. Hope you dig it, and if you don’t, you’re weird. 🙂
love it. live it. capture it.