It has been FOOOOOREEEEEVVVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRR since I’ve written a Hugs + Shrugs post! I have so much for both categories so let’s dive in, shall we?
* Cold Weather. I love it and love to hate it at the same time! I hate that I have to put on 3 extra layers of clothes to stay warm. I love that I get to wear my warm Uggs, but I hate that it’s cold outside. It makes me in a miserable mood, especially when my day job is being a preschool teacher and we are stuck inside all day… with 22- 3 year olds! CRAZY! But I do like wearing my cute peacoat and Uggs from my apartment to my car, my car to work, work to my car, my car to my apartment again. :0). My skin is cracking and drying out no matter HOW much Aveeno lotion I put on my hands and all I want to do is stay home and watch Friends on DVD. Booooooo cold weather! Stay 75 degrees year around, Austin!
* People who don’t email me back. If you read my twitter updates lately, you should have seen a tweet about this. Listen, I hate emails like most people going through countless spam and “weekly advertisements”, buttttttt I only email important things and would really like if people would respond in a timely manner. I try to answer all my email in 24 hours of receiving and I technically have 3 jobs (1. Music + Concert Photographer 2. Preschool Teacher 3. Being Awesome 🙂 ). If I email you, it’s because I need a responding email that would take like 30 seconds. It’s part of your job and damn it, it’s just rude not to respond! 15 days later, I’m still waiting on a yes or no email! Simple as that and it just shows me your life isn’t organized. Shame.On.You. 🙂
* Break ups. But who really likes break ups? Who goes through life thinking, “Man, I need a good break up in my life?!” Certainly not me. I’ve never gotten this personal on my blog before, usually I just post a story, ambition, my faves, etc. But yes, blog world, I’m going through a painful break up. My close, inner circle friends and family know all the details and I love/appreciate the daily encouragement they have sent my way. When you are with someone who promises you their future and not to be the one to make you cry and proceed to do the opposite, it gets really hard to deal with and not remain at your best. It gets even messier when that person was your best friend before any of this took place and now you can’t even be in the same room with that person you once shared every memory with. I hate the person I’ve become since the break up and I hate that it has affected me both personally and professionally. I’ve seem to have lost the vision I once had for myself and am struggling to even get up and get ready for the day ahead of me. I know one day I’m going to find that person that makes all this pain I’m going through worth it, but until then… One BILLION shrugs!
Let’s get on to the hugs, share some love now!
* Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Ohhhhh Emmmm GEEEEEEE! It’s the only thing about Valentine’s Day I love! So delicious and yummmmyyyyyyy! HEB Makes gourmet ones and my favorite are the ones rolled in pecans and drizzled with caramel. RAWR. Gonna have to hit the gym hardcore after these treats, but, totally worth it! 🙂
* My kids in My Class. Through my break up, it’s weird that I’ve kind of leaned on my kids in my class at school. There are a few in particular, that sensed something was going wrong in my life and they have clung to me ever since! It is weird to say that my 3-year-old darlings are helping me through the most painful time in my life, but without them and their clingyness, I’d probably call into work everyday to stay in bed and cry an ocean of tears. Good job, preschoolers, good job! :0). Miss Jalys loves you!
* Flippie Floppies. I wish I could wear flip-flops EVERYDAY. They are so comfortable and when Texas has its 1.5 months of Winter, I miss them terribly. This week we are supposed to be in the 70’s all week so that means quality flippie floppy time! Pedicure time anyone? 🙂
* Pandora. I have it on my Mac and my iPhone and holy moley, the playlists I have are phenomenal. It’s like they have some signal to your brain to know exactly what song you want to hear! I’ve given them a “hug” before but these past two days, the music has been nothing but winners on my playlist and thought they deserved an extra shout out! I suggest a “Theory of a Deadman” playlist. I’ve got some great results through this particular station! I’m getting some Bush, Foo Fighters, Wallflowers, Queens of the Stone Age, Jack Johnson, Shinedown, and Three Days Grace… good combo! GOOD COMBO! :0)
* Old iPod playlists. I took a gander at my old ipod on my day trip to Fredericksburg and I have a playlist that exudes powerful rock and roll! 🙂 One of my favorite songs of all time is “Lit Up” by Buckcherry, when I saw that song was on there, it was over! Turn that thing to 11 cause I’m rocking out! The playlist also included Audioslave, Beastie Boys, Incubus, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Weezer, Velvet Revolver, Nirvana, Cold War Kids, Stone Temple Pilots, and many more… That’s all just badass right? Right ON! I really have a great sense of music, that is a FACT! 🙂 And yes I’m being bragadocious! I don’t care! 🙂
* Friends DVD’s. This year, I started watching EVERY SINGLE Friends episode. I have the complete series on DVD and I have watched all the way through season 6. I have to say that it is one of the best written shows. The jokes are hilarious and I really think Chandler Bing’s personality and my personality are parallel. I grew up watching this show, but now that I’m older, the episodes have become even more funny to me. I wish they would film a reunion movie or something because I would love to see the chemistry between the characters in an updated viewing.
* My Friends + Family. Through this whole break up situation, my friends and family have been there for me 150%. I know I’ve been difficult to deal with and at times just a big pain in the ass, however, the people close to me never stopped supporting me and sent me daily encouragement to get me through the day. There were times I’d call one of them crying and crying and crying over the stupidest memory or any little detail of my ex, they would just listen and let me have my fit and then send me the sweetest notes saying I’m strong and can get through this among other encouragement. They always believed in me when I didn’t even believe in myself. I grew closer to a lot of people through the past few months and I can’t say thank you enough to them. I probably owe them a shot or two next time we hang out :). A special thank you to Haylie, Ryan, Britni, Skylar, Shalayne, Jessica, Ruthy, and my wonderful mom for all the times you helped pick myself up from rock bottom, you’ll never know how much your friendship means to me. Love you people!
* Moving on. Being able to finally choose for myself that its time to move on is an empowering feeling. For so long I’ve felt that I couldn’t possibly live my life without this person and I lost myself through the way. I’m happy to say that I have seen the light and know that this isn’t the end for me. I’m able to choose to be happy and stop worrying about the past and the memories I once had with this person, they’re in the past for a reason. Sunday was my first day of this new-found attitude and as I’m sure they’ll be difficult days, I felt ok talking about him openly in the past tense and not worrying about him in my future. I’ve set new goals for myself as a photographer and person and I’m finally choosing to get over it. People can tell you 4 million times to move on but it isn’t until you, yourself can say “I’m moving on” to finally have it click. 🙂
Happy Valentines Day! And a post isn’t a post without some photo love. Here is a photo I grabbed of a future rockstar, sometimes you just have to let your hair down and rock out! :0) So fresh!
love it. live it. capture it. believe it.