The past few weeks have flown by and I haven’t been able to update my blog as often as I’d like. I think it’s time for a new Hugs & Shrugs post! Let’s get to it!
* Being sick. This entire 2010, I’ve pretty much been sick. I’ve had: upper respiratory infection, sinus infection, staph infection, severe allergies, strep throat, hand foot and mouth, numerous ear infections and an upper viral infection… I’m sure I missed a few. Right now I’m fighting double ear infections, congestion and nasty allergies. I’ve never had this many problems in 8 months of my life. HUGE SHRUG… immune system ;).
* WE TV’s Wedding Sunday. Working M-F 40 hours a week I only get the typical Saturday and Sunday off. Thanks to Wedding Sunday, I don’t get anything accomplished. I sit and watch and re-watch every episode EVERY Sunday.
* Traffic/construction/anything Austin is doing to make me late for things I need to get done. Like every other day a new road is being crafted and blocks traffic for 17 miles. I hate construction, seriously. Get a clue! 😉
* College FB Season. Finally it’s almost here. I.CAN’T.WAIT.ANY.LONGER. I’m planning on going to LBK for the Texas game with my bestie Kasey! I really need to go, I need more t-shirts and memorabilia to put in my house! I love love love Tech t-shirts and if anyone needs a gift idea for me for Christmas— I want the Texas Tech Kitchen Aid Mixer that they had at United. I’m sure you can google it ;). Anyways, I can’t wait for the season to start and so I can have my little Tech cheering parties! I’m sure I’ll blog some pics! Wreck Em Tech!
* David Tutera. Thanks to Wedding Sunday on WETV, I’ve been introduced to David Tutera and I’m in love with him. The weddings he puts together are breathtaking. My mom and I watch his show and then compare notes! There was one in particular he did in Ft. Worth that is pretty much how my wedding will be! I really just want to be his friend. ;).
*Family. The first weekend in August I went to my home away from home, Tuscola. I love going there when I can because it grounds me. I sometimes get caught up in my life in Austin and it’s good to go back to family and have a great weekend. We laughed and my cousin, Tia, fabulized my hair… yes, I just made a new word! Family is very important to me so being able to see my family and have a great weekend of laughing, pranking and spending time with them, shows me what is really important in my life. I made a new resolution to go home at least once a month to be with my family and spend time with them. On another note, if you’re in the Abilene area or want to be, you should get your hair fabulized by Tia. She works at A Cut Above on Treadway and is nothing short of amazing. Send me a message on Facebook if you need more info. Trust me, she rocks!
* Opportunities. This Wednesday I have the opportunity to photograph Matisyahu at Stubbs. He’s recording another live cd and I get to have my photos on his website. I’m pretty freaking pumped! I’m also photographing the Brian Burke boys at River Road Icehouse while they open for Bart Crow on Saturday, come out and have some fun!
* My mum. Today (Sunday, August 15th) is her birthday! I want to wish her a very special Happy Birthday! She’s always been my rock and I wish I could give her everything and anything she wanted in the world. My wish is to be a great mum as she’s been to me. I love you very much mum, come visit me soon! Happy Birthday.
Of course a blog isn’t a blog without a photo. Below are a couple of sneak peeks from Midnight Rodeo of the Brian Burke Band. Full blog post will come this week, as well as the family and wedding posts as promised! Have a great week!
love it. live it. capture it.