It’s been a while since I’ve done a Shrugs and Hugs post… so let’s dive right into it!
* Stealers– NO, I’m not talking about the Pittsburg Steelers, but people who steal. Last weekend my bestie and the band he plays in (The Brian Burke Band) was playing a show in Austin. I was super excited to hang out and watch them play and photograph too! The bestie and I went to Chuy’s for some happy hour and free nacho bar, during that time someone swiped his wallet and took the cash that was in there and threw his wallet on the ground. It happened in a matter of seconds, we didn’t even get out of the front door and he realized he didn’t have his wallet. The last time we had seen the wallet was when he pulled it out and put it on the table while he cashed out. So I really hope that person needed the money for medicine or rent because you put other people in jeopardy because of your actions. I know karma will get them in the end but I’ll still throw a million shrugs at this person who felt the need to steal something that wasn’t theirs.
* Traffic. I don’t know what has been going on lately in the A-TX traffic world, but I’m really getting sick of the I-35 traffic. Every time I’m on that road I get in a bad mood cause it’s millions of cars galore and seriously do we all need to go downtown at the same time? I know traffic isn’t as bad as when I was in SoCal, but seriously let’s go and stop all the road work!
* Carbonation. It’s come to that time of the year where I’m trying to give up Diet Dr. Pepper. I love it don’t get me wrong, I lurve lurve lurve Diet. Dr. Pepper but I it’s getting out of control. I can’t have just one a day and so I’m giving up carbonation all together. I’m having huge amounts of headaches but the end result will be worth it.
* My Mum. It’s close to Mother’s day and I don’t think one day will suffice to tell her how much I appreciate her. She’s been there for me for 26 years and I don’t know what I’d do without her. Happy Mother’s Day, Mum. I love you and appreciate you more than I can express.
* My Co-workers. I’ve always been stand-offish to people. I’ve always kept people at arm’s length even my best friends, but my co-workers have really become a great part of my life. I consider them family and we have each other’s back no matter what. We love our kids and the crew that we have had made us very successful and I’m going to miss them this summer! But can’t wait to get back during the fall with them!
* Brian Burke Band. Yup I’m still shoving them in your faces. They gave me an advanced copy of their upcoming record and I’m blown away by this record. I’m not biased and if I didn’t like it I’d be open and secure enough with them and I could tell them what I didn’t like about it. But I can’t, there isn’t anything about this record that I could say is a no. The ten songs on this record are consistent and just an amazing mix of their ability to connect to their fans. I’m going to write a full review when it’s closer to the release date, but I’m just letting you guys know that when it comes out, you’ll be crazy if you don’t get a copy. I know some of you guys aren’t too big of the Red Dirt Music Scene but this record doesn’t sound anything like a typical Texas Country record. They are on the road all over the state of Texas so check their website and definitely go to a show when they are in your area. Go up to their merch booth and say hello too!
* I found them, finally! In the previous shrugs and hugs blog, I mentioned how I’ve been looking for Ghardetto’s mustard pretzels. Well thanks to a drive to Bryan, TX to photograph the Brian Burke Band, I stopped at a convenience store in Bastrop and guess what? I FOUND them! I was so excited. And of course I’m not going to leave you guys without some proof. SO below is an iPhone photo of said mustard pretzels!
Hope everyone has a great cinco de mayo!
love it, live it, capture it.