I think it’s time for a new edition of Hugs and Shrugs! Recently I’ve had one major shrug that I haven’t spoken about publicly but today is one of those days where I feel like I should address it and let people in on something that happened to me on a professional level. But along with that shrug, I’ve had MAJOR hugs! So let’s dive into it!
* Gardetto’s– I’ve been having a major craving for the mustard pretzel mix for about 2 months now. I can’t find them ANYWHERE in Austin, San Angelo, or even Abilene. Where in the world are the Gardetto mustard pretzels??
* AT&T– I love my iPhone, LOVE it, I mean it’s ridiculous how attached I am to my iPhone. But AT&T in the past 2 months or so has done something to where my phone will not hold a call in my apartment. I haven’t had this problem with my phone until recently and thank goodness that I have a house phone; but with millions of users paying monthly, can’t they like make their service just as awesome as the iPhone?
* Disappearing Business People– This is the big one! Some of you know that I was contributing to a web site that involves music photography and concert reviews. I loved working for this web site and was definitely making awesome contacts within the music industry. I would use the web site as a contact for bands to get photos of them live and build a business relationship if they ever needed more photos or anything like that. So this web site was a great way to get my name out there. I’ve shot tons of shows with this site and thought it was going well. After the New Year started, communication between the site owner and I pretty much plummeted. I had all these bands lined up all the way through March and the communication between us two was lacking. To give you an example, I shot a New Year’s Eve show and the review wasn’t put up until February. So by the end of February I had all these reviews and photos to be put up on the site to honor my promise to the bands. I emailed them to the site owner and was just waiting for them to be put up on the site. I messaged another artist about shooting the show and I got a call from the owner of their talent agency saying the site didn’t exist and was basically questioning my credibility. I freaked out and was immediately embarrassed. I did some research and also contacted a couple of people who also contributed and they hadn’t heard from this person in months. It was concluded that the site owner took the site down without any warning or communication with the contributors. Luckily, the owner of the talent agency allowed me to shoot because of the body of work I had on my web site impressed him. But I was mortified that my credibility was at stake, a simple email would have sufficed explaining why the site was taken down without notice. So now I’m not connected to any sort of web site and I’m bummed but I’m in the process of producing something pretty killer!
* Diet Dr. Pepper- Oh I’m getting some hisses thrown at me I know it! Carbonation is evil! But guess what? I’m announcing my love fest for Diet Dr. Pepper. I love it, I have one every morning instead of coffee. It’s delicious and who cares if it’s rotting my teeth and filling my brain full of toxins. I loves it!
* My kids @ work– I love my job and if you read my blog or am on my facebook friends list you know that I love my job. I often post photos of their art work and write blogs about what they say. I have grown extremely attached to them and they just make my day. They all climb on top of me and give me tons of big hugs. I hope that I’ve been a great influence in their life as they’ve been for me.
* Austin spring weather– I know I’ve COMPLAINED about the Austin weather a bunch in the past few months. But lately it hasn’t been anything short of GORGEOUS. I love spending time outside and the weather has just LIFTED my mood! Thank You Austin, for being fabulous!
* Cory Morrow and his peeps– Thanks to Cory Morrow and his people, I’ve been blessed with so many opportunities! I greatly appreciate everything they allow me to do and hope to continue a business relationship. I was allowed to go into the studio where they’ve recorded a new record. Lloyd Maines is producing it… yes Lloyd Maines– An icon in the music industry as well as Natalie Maines (Dixie Chicks) father. I was so nervous and overwhelmed with excitement and anticipation that I actually made myself sick. THAT nervous. But I had a great time and was so excited I could barely speak much less photograph! Below are some of the photos I took at the studio! I can’t express how thankful I am for the opportunity!
Mr. Maines working his magic!
Cory and Lloyd
Making sure everything is awesome!
I like this artsy shot.
Cory rocking it for the camera! BOOM!
You talking to me, Cory?! 🙂
Jeff and Steve… Awesome musicians!
I took a photo of this just because of the Red Raider pride in me ;-).
Love it, live it, capture it!